Move the classroom to the skies with a school trip to Brighton i360
Educational and exciting, Brighton i360, is an ideal venue for a school trip to show all of the elements of the Living Coast biosphere. It is also a marvel of architecture and engineering which can support learning in STEM subjects.
Inspiring Young Minds
The Brighton i360 Viewing Pod is the ideal experience to inspire and educate young minds of all ages. From learning about the city of Brighton from a bird’s eye view to discovering the innovative engineering and construction of the site.
School groups are invited onto Brighton i360 to glide up to 450ft in the spacious glass viewing pod to spot Brighton landmarks from up high, charting the city’s historical and contemporary landmarks. Further learning can then take place in the free exhibition, ‘Brighton i360: How it was Built’, which charts the pioneering engineering and design that place our attraction at the forefront of British architecture.
Brighton i360 offers educational experiences for KS1 & KS2 students. With lesson plans and curriculum-based activity sheets available to support your day trip to Brighton i360. In addition, classroom-based worksheets and learning resources are available that will help to extend the learning. Please enquire via email for more information.
Special rates are available for school groups – see below.
- The Pod departs every half an hour on the hour and half hour. The experience lasts around 25 minutes (including getting on and off the pod). We ask groups to arrive at least 30 minutes before their timeslot in order to pass through security. School visits usually last around an hour.
- The Brighton i360 app is available to download and has fascinating facts about the attraction available in multiple languages.
- After your journey on the pod, school groups will pass through the Brighton i360 gift shop where pocket money souvenirs are available to purchase, many of them created by local artists.
- There are toilets at the upper level and in the beach building.
- Pod hosts are first aid trained and there is a first aid room on site should it be needed.
- We do not have picnic facilities, but picnics can be eaten on the beach or on benches around the public plaza to our west.
- Heritage Learning Brighton & Hove lists other venues offering educational visits in the city.
|Ticket||School prices (inc. VAT) outside of Brighton||Brighton & Hove school prices|
|Student (under 16 yrs)||£7.60||£6.75|
|Teachers||Free teacher places based on recommended ratios||Free teacher places based on recommended ratios|
Payment must be made in advance. If you are regularly bringing groups to Brighton i360, you may be eligible for a credit account and special trade rates. Please email our groups department for more information.
Foreign language schools and trade groups of 15+ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices correct as of 1st July 2023 and are subject to change.