We are delighted to announce that we will be re-opening from Saturday 4th July, and our British Airways i360 team cannot wait to welcome visitors back on board.
We take the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and employees very seriously, so are thrilled to announce we have been accredited with Visit England’s ‘We’re Good to Go’ mark. This industry standard and consumer mark signals BA i360 is following Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
When you arrive for your BA i360 pod flight, you will notice we have made some changes to our regular operation and introduced some new health and safety measures to reassure you of a safe visit, so you can relax and enjoy the views.
We are extremely lucky to reside right on Brighton beach. We have plenty of fresh sea air, large open spaces, three outdoor dining areas, ‘Grab & Go’ food beach huts and of course the exciting experience of a flight on board the spacious BA i360 pod, seeing the stunning 360o views of the city, the South Downs and all along the South Coast.
Please do read the following information before your visit and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Before Your Visit
- You’ll need to book your timed ticket online to guarantee your slot and also minimise contact during your visit. We have reduced capacity on the BA i360 pod to facilitate social distancing so the number of tickets available per flight is limited.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation from which you can download your tickets to your phone. There is no need to print these tickets as we can scan from your device.
- Please do not visit if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. Our customer service team can extend your ticket so that you can visit on a later date.
- Please bring a suitable face covering with you as you may wish to wear one on board the BAi360 pod although this is not mandatory.
- Please bring a form of contactless payment with you as we request that all payments in our gift shop, restaurant, café and bar are contact free.
- We’re aware that some of the new measures may cause issues for visitors with accessibility requirements. Please do approach one of our Guest Experience hosts on arrival to ask them any specific questions regarding accessibility. A full accessibility guide to British Airways i360 is available here.
- Make a real celebration of your visit, and skip the queue for the bar, by purchasing a Sparkling Wine ticket which includes a glass of award-winning Nyetimber English sparkling wine. Your drink will be available for you to collect from the bar located in the boarding area on the Upper Deck.
- Our pod flights tend to be less busy at the start at end of the day, so book an early or late flight to avoid the queues.
- To pick up a takeaway to enjoy on the beach, why not try our new beach huts serving street food?
- Whenever possible and the British weather allows, we will be using our large outside spaces for queueing and boarding.
- On your arrival, please join the entry queue beside the ticket office, located at road level. Please arrive 30 minutes before your flight time and observe the social distance markers on the floor and the signs on the queue barriers.
- If you have any queries regarding your booking or need assistance the BA i360 ticket office will be open. Please observe the social distancing markers inside the office.
- Your ticket will be scanned on your device by our Guest Experience Hosts as you proceed through to the boarding area on the Upper Deck.
- Please note: From Saturday 8th August, face coverings must be worn as a condition of entry (unless you have a legitimate reason not to).
- The security team will be conducting non-invasive temperature checks as a condition of entry. Anyone displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted to enter British Airways i360.
- Our security team will also be conducting our usual security checks, see here for prohibited items.
- Once you have proceeded through security, you will be able to enjoy the sea views from the Upper Deck boarding area. You can collect your pre-booked drinks or purchase drinks and snacks from the bar.
- Fully accessible toilet and washbasin cubicles are located on the Upper Deck boarding area. Please observe the social distance markers and queueing system.
On the BA i360 Pod
- We have marked social distance zones on the floor of the pod. These zones will assist with social distancing but do not prevent you from moving freely between zones as they become available so that you can enjoy the full 360o views of the city, the South Downs and the South coast. Each zone should have no more than two adults or two adults and two children under the age of 12 within it.
- The Sky Bar, located on the pod, is not yet available for serving drinks and snacks, so please ensure you have purchased these before you board the pod from the bar located on the Upper Deck.
- Our Guest Experience hosts will be on board the pod to welcome you, to point out some of the sights you can see and for any questions you may have. They are also there to maintain social distancing between visitors.
- Please note: From Saturday 8th August, please wear a face covering and only remove briefly if drinking or eating.
- The air conditioning on the pod is an extremely sophisticated system. It has been reconfigured to bring in a continuous supply of fresh air from outside, pass through the filtration system and then into the pod. The air is expelled from the pod, never recirculated.
- The BAi360 pod will be thoroughly cleaned between every flight.
At beach level
- You will disembark the BAi360 pod at beach level. Fully accessible toilets and washbasin cubicles are located close to the exit. Please observe the queuing system to maintain social distance.
- Clear markers will signpost you to the exit at beach level or into the gift shop.
Food and Drink
- You can purchase a drink to enjoy on board the pod from the bar located in the Boarding area. Alternatively, pre-book online with our Sparkling Wine Experience ticket!
- We have three outdoor dining areas at British Airways i360, all have amazing sea views. On the upper level, the West Beach Café terrace and the Upper Deck bar both have a range of drinks and snacks. At beach level, the West Beach Bar & Kitchen offers an extremely spacious beach front terrace to enjoy a meal and watch the world go by.
- Our hosts will greet you and direct you to your allocated table. We have new food ordering and collection procedures in place to allow for social distancing.
- We’ve introduced ‘grab and go’ options, utilising sealed packaging where possible, available from our restaurant and café bar.
- Some of our team will be wearing PPE which may include gloves, masks and face visors.
- Enhanced cleaning measures will take place throughout the day across the attraction.
- We have introduced many hand sanitiser stations around the attraction for visitors and employees to use at regular intervals.
- We have new hygiene screens at many of our service counters to help physically separate visitors from employees.
- We politely request that visitors uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – through regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds.
We are really looking forward to seeing you soon at British Airways i360 Viewing Tower. There is so much more to do on a day out or a short stay in Brighton – here our top ten things to do in Brighton.